Sunday, February 14, 2010

How Many Possible Combinations Of 3 From 9 Numbers How Many Different Combinations Of 4 Numbers Can I Have In 25 Numbers, Eg. 1,2,3,4 Or 1,16,9,22 Or 6,18,25,22?

How many different combinations of 4 numbers can i have in 25 numbers, eg. 1,2,3,4 or 1,16,9,22 or 6,18,25,22? - how many possible combinations of 3 from 9 numbers

For example, a race car and sing these numbers in a sequence of four repeats, ....... using 1 as the starting point-1, 2,3,4 1,3,2,4 1,22,23,24 and then 2 as a starting point .... 2,1,3,4 2,3,1,4 2,4,3,1 ... 2,13,14,15 2,23,24,25. I thought about a possible equation, correct me if I'm wrong, is that 25x24x23x22. 25chances of 1, 24 chances for the 2nd, 23 possibilities for the 3rd and 4 of 22 chances?

3 comments:

Faz said...

If it then (25P4) = 303600
If it exists, its (25C4) = 12,650 (as in a lottery)

M3543 said...

You're right.

25 options for the 1 Series
24 options for the number 2
23 options for the number 3
22 Option for No. 4

25 * 24 * 23 * 22 = 303600

ssbbjunk... said...

Yes, it seems the right way. I have all the calculations: (

Post a Comment